For over 20 years, the Virginia Sexual and Domestic Violence Action Alliance Training Institute has played a leading role throughout Virginia in delivering forward-thinking and accessible education, training, and resources to professionals, allied professionals, and members of the community who work on the front lines to address and prevent sexual and domestic violence.
The Training Institute is made up of a diverse, dynamic group of faculty members and Action Alliance staff committed to preventing, healing, and ending sexual and domestic violence in Virginia.
Trainings are delivered in a variety of ways including in-person, online, regionally, statewide, and peer-to-peer but all of our offerings are based on 3 “lenses” –
The Training Institute inspires learning, growth, and imagination through experiences that build empathy and create intention to shape a world where people, relationships and communities are liberated, healthy, equitable, and just.
The Training Institute will:
- Build relationships with diverse groups, individuals and agencies to offer vibrant training that shapes a courageous capacity to change Virginia.
- Make training accessible to people from any discipline and/or community who share our vision and want to be brave agents of change.
- Sustain the resources and the ability to offer a wide range of trainings that speak to the issues about which people are hungry to learn.
- Foster deep and meaningful connections between and amongst trainees and participants.
- Be intentional and strategic to broaden our reach to formal and informal leaders who have the capacity to bring about social change in their spheres of influence.
- Set aside a period of time every year to reflect on the past, gather up new possibilities and resources, and set for the year ahead.